Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Weird Story

This is CNN:
The ex-wife of Jack Ryan, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Illinois, alleged in court papers filed in 2000 that he took her to sex clubs and asked her to engage in sexual activity in front of other patrons.

Portions of the documents, which related to a visitation dispute over the couple's son, were released Monday, after a judge in Los Angeles ordered them unsealed.

At a news conference Monday, Ryan reiterated the denial he made in his initial legal response to the charges by TV actress Jeri Lynn Ryan, in which he called the allegations "ridiculous" and "smut" and insisted he was "faithful and loyal to my wife throughout our marriage."

"I am sticking by the exact things I said five years ago," he said. "No one has ever said that I haven't abided by every single law or abided by my marriage vows or abided by commitments I've made to people."

Matt's Chat

I'm not sure what to make of that. And it is really a weird day for me when I can combine two of my...uhh...passions: politics and Star Trek; but I'd rather it not be a crazy story like this one...

Mark's Remarks


Um...anyone notice this was from 2000? Why is it surfacing now? Oh wait, I know...the Democrat Attack Machine is gearing up, starting with this Senate guy to get warmed up and then moving on to their continued attacks on the President. This is ridiculous. Of course, what this story does not emphasize is that Ms. Ryan CONTINUES TO SUPPORT her ex-husband's bid for the Senate. They don't detail that. Wonder why? Could it be it would sack the notion of there being continued 'heat' between the two, that it would sack the notion they are trying to create with this attack story?