Wednesday, August 17, 2005

BREAKING CoinGate News

Yahoo News Alert:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) A prosecutor says Ohio Gov. Bob Taft, under investigation for not reporting golf outings as required by ethics law, will be charged with four misdemeanors.
Let's see what this does...my take? Not much...

3:45PM Update

Well, Jason got around to putting up a post today over at State of the Union...and you guessed it, absolutely no word whatsoever on this story.

Let me clarify a point from my earlier bit... I don't think Taft will resign. I don't think Taft will be impeached. I do think Taft will be found guilty and fined. I do not expect Taft to spend time in jail.

I do think Taft should resign, but I know that he won't.

I do think that Taft should face impeacement proceedings, but I know that the establishment Republicans in Columbus will not do that either.

I do think Taft will be found guilty and fined, but I do not think he should be jailed. I mean, really...this is golf for crying out loud... Isn't it?