Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Boehner on Leadership and Blogs

From the Cincinnati Enquirer. Boehner on Leadership:
Two Capitol Hill newspapers published articles last week suggesting that Boehner is indeed seeking a return to House leadership. If DeLay's legal troubles continue, the 231 Republicans in the House could vote on a new leader in January.

The articles suggested that Boehner might seek to replace DeLay next year - or hold off and wait for a bigger prize, a position that won't be open until current House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., retires.

Boehner, meanwhile, isn't commenting on any DeLay leadership aspirations.
As the article points out, Boehner was a big player in Newt Gingrich's leadership team so this isn't a pipe dream. He could actually pull this off.

Speaker Boehner has a particularly nice ring to it if you ask me.

Boehner on Blogs:
"There is a Boehner blog in the works. Get excited."
That should be interesting. His weekly newsletter is pretty well done, I can only imagine what a blog would be like. I look forward to finding out...

Mark's Remarks

Congressman Boehner is a fine example of a statesman, an example to the rest of the Ohio delegation. He has strong principle, and I think he would add a great deal to the leadership in the House. His education initiative for LA and the hurricane affected areas is quite interesting, and I will be covering it in short order. Mr. Boehner is not my congressman, but I wish he were, and I support him in his efforts.

Of course, Matt will be applying for editor of the BoehnerBlog....