Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Search for Matt Maupin Continues

From ONN:
"I never met Sergeant Maupin, but I've looked at his picture, and I've read the reports about him," Sanford said. "He's got a family. He's got a mother and a father, and they love him, and they want him to come home. His parents haven't given up, and I don't think we have the right to."
The Army hasn't given up looking for Matt. We continue to pray.

Mark's Remarks

Having met Mr. and Mrs. Maupin, I am amazed at their energy, their commitment not just to Matt but to all soldiers, and their dedication to our nation and security. They do not hold any false animosity toward the President. They are not falling prey to kook rumors. They know what this fight is about, and far from embarrassing their son they serve to strengthen the values he fought for. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Maupins.