Friday, May 04, 2007

Why I Didn't Watch the Reagan Derby Last Night

Aside from the fact that I wanted to watch some more of my NCIS: Season Three DVDs, I had other reasons for not watching lat night's debate between the GOP wannabe candidates for President.

1. It is entirely too early for this nonsense. Someone (George Will?) pointed out that we will know who the winner of TWO World Series' before we know who will be in the White House after George W. Bush. Too much, too early...

2. It isn't a race until Fred Thompson decides whether he's in... And the Tom Tancredo's and Ron Paul's get out...yeah, I'm looking at you Tommy Thompson.

3. It was on MSNBC with Chris Matthews as the moderator. Brit Hume would NEVER have treated Democrats like Matthews treated these guys last night. What a no-class hack...

4. The Politico was a co-sponsor. And apparently, the questions that they asked were from their airhead lefty readers...

5. All of the above was expected...dare I say scripted...and that irritates me.

That's why I didn't watch...what's your excuse?