Thursday, October 25, 2007

Butler County GOP Endorsements - Part Two

The Hamilton Journal-News reports:
The local GOP endorsed U.S. Rep. John Boehner, as well as Sheriff Richard Jones and Coroner Richard Burkhardt.

In the courts, endorsements went to judges Daniel Nastoff, Charles Pater and Michael Sage for the Court of Common Pleas; and Juvenile Judge Ronald Craft.

Mary Swain and Carlos Todd were endorsed to represent Butler County on the GOP's statewide committee.

All went unopposed Wednesday before the county party's central and executive committees at a meeting in Fairfield.
A couple of things to note...

There are no Democrats running for any of these offices except for Dale Richter, who is a police officer in Springboro, challenging our favorite sherriff. He lost the last time and I fully expect a repeat for Jones.

Now, let's mention the only Republican to seek one of these seats...
Edward Meer, a press operator in Hamilton, is collecting signatures to run for Boehner's seat. He didn't seek endorsement, he said, because he didn't know about it.

Meer still plans to run, though, mainly focusing on the war in Iraq.

"The reason I'm running is mainly because I have friends in Iraq and stuff and there's a lot of things going on that no one knows about because they don't even talk about it," he said.
Taking on Republican Leader, my Congressman and a Great American -- John Boehner -- as a Republican is a pretty tall order. And I'm not real sure what Meer's position on Iraq is...is he running because he thinks Boehner is wrong on the war? If so, he is sadly mistaken if he thinks he will win on the issue.

As you may recall, I'm new to the Central Committee and the inner workings of the Butler County GOP; but as I have discovered, Carlos Todd is the man responsible for the decision to waste all of that money and risked the county party's fiscal future on what we at WMD like to call the Todd Mahal -- the Butler County Republican Party Headquarters and Palatial Estate. If this is as common knowledge as I have been led to believe, I find it difficult to understand why the party continues to support this kind of leadership at the state level. I was unable to attend last night, so I'm hoping that one of my new friends will enlighten me. (Fire away in the comments or feel free to email me at wmdtvmatt - at - yahoo - dot - com)