Saturday, January 05, 2008

Brown County GOP: Why I am Not Leaving

Some people, since my last update on the endorsement meetings, have told me I should get out of the party and some have told me that I should not seek re-election to the central committee. Some of these people said it as friends, some said it as less than friends.

I am not leaving because I believe in the principles and ideals of the Republican party. I want to serve those who elected me, and I think I have represented them well. Also, I am not going to give up against opposition that uses dirty tricks and uses intimidation and backdoor politics. I will not throw in my towel, because if they keep getting people to get out, it becomes their plaything. I am not going to let my party get that way. I will continue to be an independent and steadfast voice for conservatism and fair play and the right ideals of the Republican party. I refuse to give up and will not let intimidation and some bad times get in the way. I think we need to have fair practices and transparency in our practices, and I am not going to let one race or one meeting destroy my faithfulness in the process and some of the people on the party, nor the ideals of Conservatism and patriotism. I owe myself, my God, my family, and my constituents nothing less.

Also, if I see something wrong, how can I change it by being on the sidelines? If not me, who? If not now, when? Evil flourishes when good people do nothing.