Friday, February 15, 2008

Brown County GOP Update: Gail DeClaire Endorses

From email from Brown County Treasurer, and a great American, Gail DeClaire:
Dear Brown County Voters:



As you know by now, I will not be seeking re-election to the office of Brown County Treasurer. I appreciate the support you have given me in the past and it has been an honor and a privilege to serve as your Treasurer for the past 18 years; I could not have been successful without your help and encouragement.



One thing I have learned about county government, there is no substitute for experience. Therefore, I am recommending that you vote for Connie Patrick for Treasurer and Amy DeClaire for Recorder.



Connie (Foster) Patrick has been a valuable employee in Brown County Treasurer’s office for the past 9 years. She is very capable and trustworthy. Connie has the training and experience that will make her an excellent Treasurer. In an election year that will bring many new faces to Brown County government she will continue the service and dedication that you have come to expect from the Treasurer’s office, without disruption.



Amy (Pursley) DeClaire, who is my daughter-in-law, also comes from county government. Amy has been employed by the Clermont County Commissioners in the office of budget and finance. She has an overall understanding of the workings and funding of county government; she understands the importance of maintaining accurate governmental records; also, she has had the opportunity to train in the latest governmental technology. She is a 1995 graduate of Western Brown High School and has a BA in accounting from Wilmington College .



Again, thank your for allowing me the opportunity to serve as your County Treasurer . It has been a wonderful experience.



Sincerely,

Gail DeClaire

Brown County Treasurer


Gail will be leaving politics when her term is up, to play golf. Remember, she was smeared at the endorsement proceedings by current Clerk of Courts Tina Meranda who is implicated in financial irregularities in the Clerk's office.

I am just putting this endorsement out there, as I have not taken a position on either one of the races, for treasurer or for recorder. I will tell you that I, for one, am going to try to keep Gail DeClaire in politics by writing in her name in the March 4th primary for the office of Clerk of Courts.