Sunday, February 17, 2008

WMD Blast: Weekend Edition

Here are just a few of the stories I am reading this morning. Please enjoy...

  • Peggy Lehner (R) should have no opposition from liberals in her run for the Ohio House. Why? She's a woman and the Akron Beacon Journal has a whole 5 page piece on the state of women in Ohio politics. I don't know what gender has to do with how a person might legislate, but I'm sure Peggy will gladly accept the support...


  • Kosovo is declaring independence today... (AP story) Earlier this morning, in Africa, President Bush said that it would be in Kosovo's best interests to be alligned with Europe.


  • A potential harbinger of disaster for John Kasich... Does Kasich actually support Mike Huckabee? When Kasich's name first started circulating as a possible candidate for Governor, I went out and got his book "Stand for Something" and was not overly impressed. Something was nagging my unconscious and this tidbit fits that same parameter...


  • The latest column from Republican Leader, my Conressman and a Great American -- John Boehner -- is available over at Butler County Bugle.