Friday, May 30, 2008

Husted is Wrong on County Reform Issue

The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that Speaker Husted (RINO-Embracing Strickland) is trying to convince the Ohio Senate that they got the call wrong on the county "reform" issue.

First of all, somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but if Cuyahoga County wanted to make those changes, they could put them on the ballot and do it themselves. They do not need a state law to do it. They do not need interference from Columbus to make decisions locally.

Second, the proposal takes power away from We the People and puts it in the hands of an elected few.

Third, that second point opens up the possiblity that we will get more nepotism in county government statewide, not less.

Fourth, the idea comes from a Democrat in Cuyahoga County...if that isn't enough to tell you that it is a bad idea, I don't know what else could possibly convince you otherwise.

Fifth, Speaker Husted should stop embracing Democrats; be it literally, figurately, or legislatively.

I know where Sen. Gary Cates stands on this issue. I have heard that State Rep. Combs is against as well but rumor has it that Reps. Bill Coley and Shawn Webster or for ripping the right to vote out of the hands of Ohioans...I'm hoping my information is wrong on that score...if so, please contact me.