Saturday, August 02, 2008

Thank you Rush

Well I have been away trying to apply for tenure. What a pain. But I wanted to drop by and say a quick thank you to Rush who celebrated 20 years this past week. I was fortunate to catch a lot of the broadcasts including President Bush's call. What has amazed me over the years is that no matter what has been dealt to Rush he maintains a leadership in a role to bring conservative ideas to the media. This has included personal problems as well as dealing with a media that is constantly trying to unthrone him. The Unfairness Doctrine was written with him in mind. Most liberal outlets quote him. Funny how a lot of people that I know that "hate" him can quote him. I have been listener almost this whole time, finding him at lunch one day. As well as being controversial their are numerous examples of acts that he has done, some without others knowing, to help people who are in need. Carrying the mantle of conservatism in a time when a lot in politics are straying from it has made Rush a great voice in a time that need sit. Thank you