Thursday, October 09, 2008

OH-02: Wulsin's Kenyan Adventure

Unlike the schmucks at the Cincinnati Enquirer, I'll actually name them AND give them a link... They've written a story on Vic Wulsin's new job and here is the full press release from the Schmidt campaign on the subject.



I wanted to point out a few things...

  • As the intrepid reporter pointed out, I covered this story awhile back...


  • Is Wulsin a Kenyan?
    "I am honoured to be the Chancellor of Mount Kenya University. Together – all of us – we will make Mount Kenya University the beacon of innovation, intelligence, integrity, and inclusion, that our country and our world so richly deserve. We will do all we can to ensure the success of Mount Kenya University – today, tomorrow, and into the future for our children and our grandchildren."
    Emphasis added. Just asking...


  • Someone should ask Wulsin if she's received any money from the new gig yet. Has she declared the employment information and/or income on her federal elections disclosure forms? Enquiring minds want to know...


  • Maybe that last item explains why the Schmidt campaign hasn't filed that complaint yet... Just saying...


  • 10/10/08 UPDATE: I received the following email from Enquirer reporter, Ben Fischer...
    Sorry about not naming you by name in the post about Wulsin. I wasn't sure if you had it exclusively when I wrote it, so I just hedged my bets and spoke generally. But in hindsight, that was a stupid thing to be worried about -- I know we're slow to adapt here in the Dinosaur Press, but I know it's bad form to not credit someone by name. Anyway, keep up the good work.
    That was really nice of him...so I take back the namecalling! This time... :)