Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fairfield Raising Taxes?

Mayor Ron D’Epifanio needs to explain what this is and why he's for it. This sounds like he wants to raise taxes during a recession...and he sounds happy about it.

Mr. Mayor, please email me (wmdtvmatt - at - yahoo - dot -com) and let's see if we're getting the full story here. I don't think I've missed a Butler County GOP meeting recently where we decided to raise taxes...

How else am I supposed to take this...
The JEDD will collect a 1.5 percent income tax on future employees earnings within the proposed district.
...as anything but a tax increase on people who work in our community. These are folks who already contribute to our economy and I suspect that this will make Fairfield less attractive for businesses...at a time when Butler county is doing fairly well considering the state of the economy. I guess we don't want people to work in Fairfield...or something.