Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The One Where Kyle Gets Me Thinking

Kyle has a post up over at his place that asks all kinds of questions about virtually every race that matters in Ohio...

I want to take a shot at a few of his questions, but I also think it is worth pointing folks in his direction for some of his thoughts as well...

  • Why did Kasich wait so long?


  • I really have no idea...but I will be thrilled to finally see him off the bench and in the game... My source close to the campaign has said that the Fox News contract might have made a difference a year ago, but not so much these days. No, I don't know what that means either...

  • Will Kasich engage the press after the 6/1 announcement?


  • Again, I sure hope so...somebody has to hold T-Shirt Ted accountable and our friends at the ORP aren't exactly getting that done.

  • What in the world is going on with the House GOP Minority Caucus?


  • Too many politicians forgot how to fight in the decade-plus that they didn't have to do so... A few found "other things" to do... Those guys shall remain nameless in order to protect the innocent...and I'm not talking the politicians...

    The only way it could be worse is if Husted were still calling the shots over there...

  • Who will be the next Senate President?


  • I agree that he has been fairly weak, but he's been a caretaker so far...Tom Niehaus is my guess. And yes, Steve Stivers ought to be kicking himself right about now.....

  • Where do things stand with Ted delivering more documents to Seth Morgan and the House?


  • I think Kyle is right...the Senate will ultimately punt and we'll lose yet another issue.

  • Who in their right mind would want to be on this Conference Committee?


  • Are there any Republicans left who want a gig in the Strickland administration?

    Sorry...I answered a question with a question... I try so hard not to do that...

  • Where do things stand with the Husted residency issue?


  • Jenny Brunner is playing politics, but I think she will ultimately find Husted in compliance with the letter of the law. As for the spirit of the law...Husted's still got some 'splainin' to do...

  • Who will Kasich pick as an LG candidate?


  • Kyle would like to see Sandy O'Brien...and I like his reasoning... But Sandy is doing the Lord's Work by taking out Husted.

  • What in the world is Josh Mandel waiting for re: his announcement for Treasurer?


  • That is a very good question... I don't think Josh is really feeling any pressure to make a move yet. He has secured enough verbal support from party types across the state, maybe he feels safe enough to wait a bit longer before painting a target on himself. Maybe his stalker knows.....

  • Will a wild card emerge on the statewide scene?


  • So far, everybody is dancing to Kevin DeWine's tune...much to my chagrin, I assure you. Except for Sandy O'Brien...there's some fight left in that one...

  • If Husted wins his residency issue will Sandy O’Brien stay in the race or will she bow out?


  • I think she stays in...like me, her beef with Husted isn't over residency issues...that's just the cheese on top.

  • How funny was the Coughlin letter to Kevin DeWine?


  • Pretty darn funny...especially since there is a contingent in WMD-land who thinks that DeWine asked Coughlin to get in the race to wound Kasich so Husted has a clear field to run for governor after Ohio loses so much population we lose our status as a state.

  • How excited is Mary Taylor about the prospects of running against David Pepper?


  • I dunno...but I really like our chances!

  • Where did Petro go? What is he doing?


  • Who cares...really...I'm not interested in retreads...

  • Where is the Mike DeWine for AG announcement?


  • Hopefully, it is in the garbage can of history where it belongs. Seriously, when are these guys going to get the message? There is something to be said about the guy who realizes that his role is as retired elder statesman...

  • If Budish can get away with what he is getting away with in the House that begs the question can Ted, Boyce, Cordray & other dems also get away with these practices as well?


  • It seems to be working for them so far...no need to change the play when it is running so well.

  • Does Chabot beat Driehaus in a rematch?


  • Yes. I think so...

  • How about Stivers vs Kilroy?


  • Sadly, not so much...

  • What else am I missing?


  • Uhh...Spotlight Jones vs. Republican Leader, my Congressman and a Great American -- John Boehner. Yeah, my money is on Boehner too...