Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Is Kevin DeWine Behind the Taylor for LG Rumors?

I am hearing that Chairman Kevin DeWine is the guy who thinks we should gamble the apportionment board seat of Auditor Mary Taylor.

The way this story goes, Kevin has been applying "pressure" on Taylor to give up the Auditor run in favor of being Kasich's LG candidate.

If this is the case, let's play out the other likely scenarios...

MIKE DEWINE FOR AUDITOR: As I have said before, I think Mike thinks Auditor is beneath him. Mike couldn't be bothered to take on the special election for Attorney General and now that he's in it I don't see him being "persuaded" to run for Auditor instead. Although, doing so might make it possible for actual conservatives like me to vote FOR him rather than AGAINST someone else.

JOSH MANDEL FOR AUDITOR: If Josh can be convinced that it is worth his time to make the switch, this one might work. The question then becomes who do you run for Treasurer?

JON HUSTED FOR AUDITOR / TREASURER / RECEPTIONIST: Sorry...I couldn't help myself...

I can't say that I am all that surprised that Kevin DeWine has returned to the policies of Bob Bennett and trying to force people to play musical chairs in order to get the ticket that he wants regardless of what is actually best for the state and the party.

But I also have to say that I am less impressed with Mary Taylor if she actually succumbs to this "pressure" and goes back on her word. Why she lacks the nerve to say, "Kevin, I promised the good people of Ohio that I would stand for re-election and that is what I am going to do." is something of a mystery to me.

What do y'all think?

Citizens for Mary Taylor
211 South Fifth Street
Columbus Ohio 43215

Contact us by Phone:
614-456-1229

Contact us by Email:
info@citizensformarytaylor.com