Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tonight's Butler County GOP Meeting Could Be the First Step

Republican Leader, my Congressman and a Great American -- John Boehner -- also known as the Right Knight of Congress has endorsed a candidate for Executive Chairman of the Butler County Republican Party and it isn't Tom Ellis.

State Senator Gary Cates also has expressed a desire for a change in leadership.

And you can add my voice as well.

Tom Ellis has been many things to the party, an effective leader isn't one of them.  I can't say that I found him to be an acceptable administrator either.  The only positive thing I can say about Ellis' tenure is that he has been pretty good at raising money; but I am actually not real sure of that either because in the three years I served on the Butler County GOP Central Committee, I don't recall ever seeing a financial report.

One of the things that I have been saying all along is that if we expect to change the culture of our party, we simply must put new people in charge.

Don't get me wrong, Tom Ellis has never said an unkind word to me; but this isn't about friendship and who people know.  It is about cleaning up our party and Tom Ellis has no interest in that at all.

And let's not forget Judy Shelton.  It is my belief that she also needs to not return to leadership in this party.

Follow the money, folks...and make the right decisions. 

To my friends still on the Central Committee, I wish you all luck and hope for the best in all that you do.  I have faith that you will do the right things and make the correct decisions.