Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Kasich Issues Statement on Kelley Williams-Bolar Case

Governor John Kasich
Statement:
COLUMBUS – Today Gov. John R. Kasich issued the following statement on the case of Kelley Williams-Bolar:

“Karen and I work hard to make a better future for our girls so when I first heard about Ms. Kelley Williams-Bolar’s case last week it really struck me, as it has many other people. My legal team has been reviewing it in detail and is in the process of talking to her lawyer, the prosecutor and the school district, in order to provide me a complete briefing. Our laws exist for a reason and they must be enforced, but the idea that a woman would become a convicted felon for wanting a better future for her children is something that has rightly raised a lot of concern with people, including me.”