Let's start with the list of potential fodder:
That's right...nine people have thrown their names in to the hat.
- Margy Conditt of Liberty Twp.
- Mark Haverkos of West Chester Twp.
- Bruce Jones of West Chester Twp.
- Candice Keller of Middletown
- Liberty Twp. Trustee Christine Matacic
- Doug Mink of West Chester Twp.
- George Nafziger of West Chester Twp.
- West Chester Twp. Trustee Lee Wong
- Burt Young of West Chester Twp.
Best Bets: Conditt and Matacic-- Experienced local politicians ready to move to the next level
Also Acceptable: Keller -- As far as I know, she's never held elected office outside of the party establishment. She's ambitious and smart though.
Not Acceptable: Lee Wong is trouble waiting to happen. I've heard enough stories that make me want to caution people against elevating him any higher than he already is... No, I won't go in to them here...
Also Rans: Haverkos is always a candidate...and I've never heard of the rest of these guys.
Again, the Butler County GOP, and actually only those members in the 55th District, will make a recommendation to the Republican House conference and they make the final call. It is even possible that Columbus will pick somebody not even on this list, but that isn't likely.