COLUMBUS—Speaker of the Ohio House William G. Batchelder (R-Medina) and members of the House Republican Caucus today announced the slate of candidates who have applied for appointment to the vacant 30th House District seat.
“I look forward to speaking with these individuals and working with the committee to determine who will be the newest addition to the Republican Caucus,” said State Representative Matt Huffman (R-Lima), who will chair the screening panel. “We will continue to work with the Hamilton County Republican Party as we select the best candidate to represent the citizens of the 30th District.”
Applicants for the 30th House District include:
* Rocky Boiman – Founder and CEO of Rocky Boiman Football Academy, retired NFL player
* Richard Hammersmith – Self-employed communication specialist
* Tony Hornbach – Attorney at Thompson Hines LLC
* James Krause – Director of Internal Auditing at Western & Southern Financial Group
* Matthew Miller – Research scientist at University of Cincinnati
* Charlie Norman – Southwest Ohio Regional Director for Attorney General Mike DeWine
* Pakkiri Rajagopal – Chief of Community Relations for Hamilton County Probation Department
* Mary Beth Walter Schill – Health care social worker
* Steven Schinkal – Project and operations manager
* Louis Terhar – Managing director at Strategic Planning Advisors
The House Republican screening panel—which will consist of Representatives Huffman, Kristina Daley Roegner (R-Hudson), Margaret Conditt (R-Liberty Twp.), Terry Blair (R-Washington Twp.), and Tim Derickson (R-Oxford)—will interview the candidates on Monday, September 12th in Columbus. The Speaker’s office will contact individual candidates who met today’s deadline with a time for a screening.
The full Republican Caucus will vote on filling the 30th House District vacancy following the screening, and the new member is expected to be appointed during House session on Wednesday, September 14th.
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Speaker Batchelder Announces Applicants for 30th House District