Friday, December 02, 2011

BUTLER COUNTY GOP: A House Divided

Imagine my surprise to learn that the Butler County Republican Party failed to endorse in any contested race last night. You'll have to imagine it because I'm not surprised at all.

I know I've said this before, but I'll go ahead and say it again: The county party needs to put a "no employees of elected officials" clause in to the by-laws to help eliminate the perception that people on the committee are being told how to vote. Yes, Cindy Carpenter, I am looking at you. But you aren't the only culprit. You are just the most blatant at it.

This party is still bogged down with infighting and back room intrigue. That saddens me greatly because I can't think of a single other thing that would ever prevent this group of people from achieving every possible success. That the local Democrats have not managed to find a way to take advantage of this mess demonstrates their total lack of competence and is, really, the GOP's greatest strength in Butler County. Lord help us if they ever figure it out...

In the final analysis, the county party fails to do what the endorsement process is supposed to prevent: a battle royale of a primary. Again, more money and resources will be poured in to a race against ourselves leaving battle-damaged candidates to face incompentent Democrats in the general. Pardon me if I don't too excited about that...