Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Brown County Election Rumors....

I cannot name names and such yet, but it appears embattled Clerk of Courts Tina Meranda is going to have a primary challeger, and a formidable one at that. I promised those who gave me the information I would not drop specifics, as nothing is officially filed yet, but let's just say Ms. Meranda will be going up against a political juggernaut in the Brown County GOP and a legend in Brown County politics, who was thought to be leaving pubic service.

This could shape up to be a very personal, bitter race, according to my sources, and once it is official and the challenger is revealed, you may figure out why.

The shockwaves for this battle have led many other higher ticket candidates to say, if these two want to kill each other, they are on their own. There will be no one higher up the ticket taking sides, at least from my sources within given higher ticket campaigns.

For now, all I can tell you is, stay tuned.

Remember, Tina Meranda is under investigation by Auditor of State Mary Taylor, as has been covered here and elsewhere in the Brown County GOP tag.

The 2007 Weblog Awards